Hillary and Chelsea on James Corden's Late Late Show

James Corden is all dressed up tonight with a three piece dark suit, blue shirt and red tie -- I think it's for Hillary and Chelsea who are his guests.

James was doing his monologue and got to a part about Trump tweeting out support for Sean Spicer on DWTS, and how politicians shouldn't do entertainment shows, when the curtains open behind him and out walk Hillary and Chelsea. Hillary had a great outfit on and she looked really, really good. Anyway, she told James that if anyone was going to do jokes about Trump, it should be her. So he turned over the stage to Hillary and Chelsea and they did stand up jokes about Trump that were funnier than I thought they'd be.

The segments will be on the Late Late Show's You Tube Channel by morning, so be sure to watch.

< OK Commutes and Frees More Than 400 Inmates | Sunday Open Thread >

That was (5.00 / 2) (#1)
    by CaptHowdy on Wed Nov 06, 2019 at 09:29:00 AM EST
    Great.

Hillary must feel pretty freakin vindicated

Caught the You Tube, (5.00 / 2) (#2)
    by KeysDan on Wed Nov 06, 2019 at 09:40:29 AM EST
    and, I second the Captain---it was great.  And, Secretary Clinton did look good.   Recently saw them on Colbert's and Trevor Noah's shows and Hillary and Chelsea make for a fun and charming team.

I saw Hillary and Chelsea's book talk (5.00 / 1) (#7)
    by ruffian on Sun Nov 10, 2019 at 09:32:42 AM EST
    here in Denver Monday night. They really were just as charming as that video. Chelsea told the longer story about Hillary writing the book longhand and sending pictures of the pages as attachments. It was funny.

And on the serious side they talked about some of the inspiring women in their book, some you expect to be there but a couple of new names to me. I have the book now, I will read it. Hillary got most fired up talking about the GOP war on science and its ramifications for the environment and public health. And of course on foreign policy.

Hillary wore a bronze colored jacket that looked so pretty even from the back row.

I was also happy to be back at the Paramount Theater, enjoying a 'big city' event!

This song on (none / 0) (#3)
    by desertswine on Wed Nov 06, 2019 at 03:57:46 PM EST
    Things I never expected to say... (none / 0) (#4)
    by CaptHowdy on Fri Nov 08, 2019 at 10:08:10 AM EST
    Jeff Sessions is a pretty smart politician

You can't escape (none / 0) (#5)
    by CaptHowdy on Sat Nov 09, 2019 at 01:10:05 PM EST
    I was just reading about Faberge Eggs.  I can't remember why I was reading about Faberge Eggs

Looking at prices and owners

But guess who owns about a dozen?

I was like, wait.  I know that name.

Hey Russia, I looted your natural resources (none / 0) (#6)
    by ruffian on Sun Nov 10, 2019 at 09:10:40 AM EST
    but hey, I'm bringing these eggs 'back' to you by way of my personal fortune...

Scary thing is how many people think this is a fine model for our country too.

I caught up with 'Catherine the Great' yesterday. It has some brilliant moments, but didn't really hold me at the edge of my seat. I'll keep watching though. Today - His Dark Materials.

Less romance (none / 0) (#8)
    by CaptHowdy on Sun Nov 10, 2019 at 09:51:39 AM EST
    And pillow talk.   More history.  Some I watched with no sound.

On another subject, scanning the shows the stunning thing is how completely f'ed the media coverage of this really is.

The FOX coverage is really no more f'ed and clueless that that of NBC or ABC.

Universally it's a partisan horse race story.  Who is ahead who is afraid who will go under the bus.

There is no attempt to deal with the crimes committed.  None.  Once again we are going to get endless in depth reporting about process and all the other irrelevant krap with no time at all given to what happened and why it's a crime.

The undertone feels like, ok, it's a crime.  But the real interesting question is will that rascally Trump get away with it again.

I think social media may help save us in the regard.

I hadn't tried to imagine what I would know if (none / 0) (#11)
    by ruffian on Mon Nov 11, 2019 at 08:30:30 AM EST
    all I knew about it was from TV. You are right, it would be next to nothing. Maddow's hour a day can't hope to keep up.

The way they get fixated on things like the one phone call, when it is the context around it that matters. I think the televised hearings will help a lot with that for that one topic. All the rest of the 3 years of corruption won't get handled though. I get Pelosi wanting to keep it simple, but it is frustrating.

Absolutely right. There should be Articles (5.00 / 1) (#12)
    by Peter G on Mon Nov 11, 2019 at 09:56:51 PM EST
    of Impeachment for, at least, obstruction of justice in the Mueller investigation, for violation of the Emoluments Clauses (foreign and domestic), for campaign finance violations (Tr*mp Foundation and payoffs to women he had adulterous sex with), and for repeated interference with and threats to the free press. Any others that clearly make the cut for inclusion?

Yes. Bribery (5.00 / 1) (#13)
    by leap on Wed Nov 13, 2019 at 08:52:00 AM EST
    Bribery is in the US Constitution
    The Constitution, Article II, Section 4:
    The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.

Also all the public money spent at his (none / 0) (#14)
    by ruffian on Wed Nov 13, 2019 at 09:04:20 PM EST
    properties...seems like there has to be a crime in there somewhere....

And I'm sure there is perjury in his written responses to Mueller.

As frustrating (none / 0) (#18)
    by KeysDan on Thu Nov 14, 2019 at 01:18:35 PM EST
    as it is to me, especially since I numbered among those who believed the a Mueller Report provided a compelling case for impeachment, it is now pragmatic to narrow the scope and focus on the Ukraine wrongs.. In  great measure, Trump's wrong doings in Ukraine are not only egregious in their own right, but also, representative  of his reign of abuse and misuse of power.  It is almost all there and what is missing is compensated for by the clear-cut and flat-out Constitutionally named impeachable offense of bribery.

And, too, the Mueller findings and the Ukraine debacle are a continuum of  campaign finance violations, obstruction of justice, and counter-intelligence.  Trump's obsession with Biden should not be allowed to eclipse the Russian aspect of Trump's dirty work. Pulling back on political support and military aid to the beleaguered ally helps Russia and sounds like a response to some yet unknown Trump deal where Putin says, I need a favor, though.

A Ukrainian focus may seem like getting Al Capone on tax evasion.  But the goal is to get Trump out of there fast.

I agree (none / 0) (#19)
    by CaptHowdy on Thu Nov 14, 2019 at 05:46:03 PM EST
    Any detours a likely to be dead ends.

The republicans will do every thing they can to complicate the situation.   Complicated makes people lose interest.  It was a big problem with Mueller

Keep it simple and explainable in one sentence.

And yeah (none / 0) (#9)
    by CaptHowdy on Sun Nov 10, 2019 at 09:55:49 AM EST
    Not just eggs the most of the best and coolest ones.

Like (none / 0) (#10)
    by CaptHowdy on Sun Nov 10, 2019 at 10:03:03 AM EST
    Nice! (none / 0) (#15)
    by ruffian on Wed Nov 13, 2019 at 09:05:23 PM EST
    I used to go down rabbit holes about the eggs too. I went through a big Russian history phase at one point.

It's good to be king. (none / 0) (#16)
    by desertswine on Thu Nov 14, 2019 at 10:26:39 AM EST
    I was looking for inspiration (none / 0) (#17)
    by CaptHowdy on Thu Nov 14, 2019 at 12:14:04 PM EST
    There is a spring show here called EGGSHIBITION in Little Rock

I have participated before

This year I was thinking something like this.  Today's news does not discourage me in this