When Trump Didn't Know What Brexit Was

Hollywood Reporter:

"And Brexit? Your position?" I ask.

"Huh?"

"Brexit."

"Hmm."

"The Brits leaving the EU," I prompt, realizing that his lack of familiarity with one of the most pressing issues in Europe is for him no concern nor liability at all.

"Oh yeah, I think they should leave."

To my knowledge, this was Trump’s only statement on Brexit before the referendum. Now of course he sees himself as its inspiration and originator:

I guess he’s saying he said “they should leave” is his “correct call.” Interesting that.

< India Still Waiting on Shami Witness Evidence

He didn't even thank people for the congrats (5.00 / 1) (#12)
    by ruffian on Sun Jun 26, 2016 at 11:30:11 AM EST
    on his correct call. Slipping.

Interesting to see (none / 0) (#1)
    by CaptHowdy on Sun Jun 26, 2016 at 07:40:16 AM EST
    How it plays out as it becomes the disaster most people seem to think it will be.

It will proably become "I didn't even know what it was"

He (2.00 / 1) (#2)
    by FlJoe on Sun Jun 26, 2016 at 10:27:32 AM EST
    did not know what it was last week, he does not know what is today and he will never know what it is.

His bizarre(Nazi golf balls!) infomercial/press conference in Scotland even had the CNN stunned, when asked if he was consulting with his advisors about the ramifications of this he replied that "there is really nothing to talk about, it's great, I'm great, I'll make a few bucks and I'll beat Hillary, and let's get back to the real news of the day, the great Trump is opening the greatest golf course, greatness flows from my stubby fingers like manna from heaven". I paraphrase of course.

WTF, can't he even hire someone to whip up some coherent talking points with even a modicum of gravitas and maybe just a hint of humility?

My favorite part of that (5.00 / 1) (#4)
    by CaptHowdy on Sun Jun 26, 2016 at 10:41:49 AM EST
    Was when the guy walked up and said "I have the balls you requested sir"

And, Trump (none / 0) (#3)
    by KeysDan on Sun Jun 26, 2016 at 10:37:51 AM EST
    praised Scotland, while marketing his golf resort, for leaving the EU--Scotland overwhelming voted to remain.  But, they may yet get their country back.

But, it is good to remind ourselves, that Trump's ignorance of world events just endears him all the more to his supporters.  They know that government is not his field, nor, seemingly does he have much of an interest in it.

But, that is all to the good. Just as some of the supporters of leaving the EU claimed, in response to economists, we have had enough experts. And, elites.  Time, apparently, for Trump's favorite electoral cohort, the poorly educated, and other disgusting elements, to charge ahead.   TRUMP/trump 2016.

The line I commented on (none / 0) (#6)
    by CaptHowdy on Sun Jun 26, 2016 at 10:45:39 AM EST
    In a thread yesterday about if the "pound goes down more people come to Scotkand"

is in a new Hillary ad

In some new polls, (none / 0) (#9)
    by KeysDan on Sun Jun 26, 2016 at 10:59:17 AM EST
    Mrs. Clinton is ahead by double digits.
    (Note: for grammatical clarification of my above comment: ...poorly educated, and disgusting elements..)

One of those (5.00 / 1) (#11)
    by CaptHowdy on Sun Jun 26, 2016 at 11:07:47 AM EST
    the ABC poll

Has a lot of interesting stuff.

Almost 70% think he is not qualified to be president.

Maybe the most important Obama now has 56% approval.

This is so silly (none / 0) (#5)
    by NycNate on Sun Jun 26, 2016 at 10:45:37 AM EST
    buts let's say he didn't know about Brexit, guy has some luck to guess the right answer while the people that knew and opined on Brexit got it wrong.

To me, it just shows the tone deafness of Obama/Hillary. Here is a quote from Obama about immigrants. It is nearly the same statement that got Kelly Osbourne in hot water:

"We're going to have to make a decision about whether we are a people who tolerate the hypocrisy of a system where the workers who pick our fruit or make our beds never have the chance to get right with the law..."

Make out beds and pick our fruit is What he thinks/sees when it comes to immigrants.

There is a difference between being wrong on the (5.00 / 1) (#13)
    by ruffian on Sun Jun 26, 2016 at 11:36:18 AM EST
    question of whether leaving was a good idea and being wrong on predicting the outcome of the vote. Not sure which part of 'opining on Brexit' you are referring to.

Obama's quote seems to be specific to a large number of the undocumented immigrants to the US.  I seriously doubt he thinks those encompass all immigrants the US.

I'm glad you think so (none / 0) (#7)
    by CaptHowdy on Sun Jun 26, 2016 at 10:46:31 AM EST
    From the Guardian (none / 0) (#8)
    by NycNate on Sun Jun 26, 2016 at 10:50:47 AM EST

He is one of the few international figures to come out in support of the United Kingdom leaving the European Union. In a May interview with Fox News, Trump explicitly linked continued British membership to concerns about "migration". He said: "I think the migration has been a horrible thing for Europe. A lot of that was pushed by the EU." Trump added: "I would say that they're better off without it, personally, but I'm not making that as a recommendation. Just my feeling."

read here

Katrina (5.00 / 1) (#10)
    by FlJoe on Sun Jun 26, 2016 at 11:02:54 AM EST
    Pierson is creature straight out of Lewis Carrol, Jeffery Lord on the other hand is more Monty Python.