Monday Open Thread

If any of you remember my disastrous move last September when the movers set the place on fire as I was moving in, I'm glad to report that today, after five months, the flooring company arrived to begin tearing out the hardwood floors and replacing them.

I've been living there with only about 20% of my possessions since October. I thought they'd be done about 3 weeks after I moved back in, so I just brought essentials, thinking it would be a slight inconvenience compared to the hassle of moving everything out again when they started on the floors.

The floors will take a week to ten days to finish, so I have checked into an almost brand-new hotel nearby. (I'm waiting in the lobby for my room to be ready.)

I suspect my blogging will be light this week, but you never know. This is an open thread, all topics welcome. So are donations, if anyone hasn't contributed in a while!

< Halftime Superbowl Show

Three out of the ordinary (5.00 / 1) (#1)
    by Coral Gables on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 03:54:46 PM EST
    state primary polls pop us today.

Arkansas
    Cruz +4
    Clinton +32

Michigan
    Trump +14
    Clinton +32

North Carolina
    Trump +4
    Clinton +26

I expect a bump in Michigan (5.00 / 2) (#9)
    by jbindc on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 04:44:49 PM EST
    Since she seems to be the only candidate of either party who is truly interested in what is going on in Flint and wanting to help.

I've seen Cruz is doing well here (none / 0) (#13)
    by CaptHowdy on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 04:57:08 PM EST
    If Donald has some wins before I'm pretty sure that will change

For one thing I think the people who would talk to pollsters here are made for Cruz.

For one thing (none / 0) (#27)
    by CaptHowdy on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 05:20:58 PM EST
    I think land line suck here even more than most places.   I have never had a land line here.  The only people I know who have land lines are 70+.   And not many of them.   Mostly only ones who live wayyyyyyy back in the sticks where there is still no cell signal.   I have some knowledge of this from my time with meals on wheels.   Like I said made for Cruz.  I believe Donald will win this state.

Doing (none / 0) (#24)
    by Ga6thDem on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 05:12:22 PM EST
    better in Michigan than NC is kind of strange in some ways.

So those polls have not flipped after Iowa like the pundits predicted they would? I guess they now think NH is going to be big change or something?

How to explain NC? (none / 0) (#25)
    by jbindc on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 05:17:49 PM EST
    We were told she has little organization in the state and there are lots of calls coming in for Sanders....

We can all sleep better tonight (5.00 / 1) (#31)
    by ruffian on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 05:26:42 PM EST
    knowing things are just fine in NC.

Another succint analysis concluding that Cruz (5.00 / 1) (#3)
    by Peter G on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 04:25:34 PM EST
    is not constitutionally eligible for the Presidency. This one, by a conservative law prof (Eric Posner) at Univ of Chicago. The debate last week between two equally brilliant but liberal profs, arguing the views that he is eligible (Balkin, Yale) and that he probably but not certainly isn't (Tribe, Harvard) is edited down to about a half hour of video clips here.

So what happens (none / 0) (#4)
    by jbindc on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 04:30:41 PM EST

Prof Tribe addresses those questions also (5.00 / 3) (#14)
    by Peter G on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 04:58:15 PM EST
    (standing to challenge, and ripeness) in his part of the Harvard debate. The clearest scenario (but not necessarily the most likely) is that a state Commissioner of Elections (or whoever is in charge of the primary process in a given state) refuses to place Cruz's name on the state's primary ballot on the ground that he is ineligible to serve, and then Cruz sues that official in federal court for a declaratory judgment.

I (none / 0) (#36)
    by FlJoe on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 05:31:34 PM EST
    was wondering if he could get sued by a donor. Could someone who donated big time to Cruz decide they want their money back because he misrepresented his eligibility?

And then what if he's then ruled ineligible? (5.00 / 1) (#41)
    by Donald from Hawaii on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 05:36:37 PM EST
    jbindc: "Say Cruz wins the nomination.  At that point who has standing to challenge his eligibility?  Every losing Republican candydate?  The Democratic nominee?  The parties? And when?  Would a party have to wait until after a theoretical win in November by Cruz?"

Does Vice President-elect Peter King take the oath of office as president in Mr. Cruz's stead?

=|:-O>+<

P.S.: I like your typo and think that we should henceforth refer to every Republican running for the White House as a "candydate."

Aloha.

I'm pretty confident that the chances (none / 0) (#6)
    by Coral Gables on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 04:35:39 PM EST
    of Cruz winning the nomination rank at about the same level as Sanders winning the nomination, but a decision in favor or against should be decided so it doesn't pop up again in future presidential elections.

I think so too (none / 0) (#8)
    by jbindc on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 04:42:25 PM EST
    I'm just interested in how it would go down.

Illinois Board of Elections (none / 0) (#79)
    by TrevorBolder on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 07:08:17 PM EST
    Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas got a favorable decision from the Illinois Board of Elections, which ruled that he met the citizenship criteria to appear on the state's primary ballot.

Two objectors, Lawrence Joyce and William Graham, had challenged Cruz's presidential bid with the board, contending that his name should not appear on the March 15 ballot because his candidacy did not comply with Article II of the Constitution.

Adopting the recommendations of a hearing officer who considered the matter last week, the board of elections on Monday rejected both objections, ruled Cruz eligible and ordered that his name be certified for the election.

"The Candidate is a natural born citizen by virtue of being born in Canada to his mother who was a U.S. citizen at the time of his birth," the board said, reasoning that Cruz met the criteria because he "did not have to take any steps or go through a naturalization process at some point after birth."

OH well (none / 0) (#82)
    by CaptHowdy on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 07:12:58 PM EST
    Who needs the Supreme Court

Just heard a pundit (5.00 / 1) (#20)
    by CaptHowdy on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 05:06:38 PM EST
    Talking about how "events happening on the ground in NH could help Hillary tomorrow but alienate Sanders supporters"

Wait, I thought they were already alienated.  How do you alienate the alienated.  Or unalienate the alienated for that matter.

Double negative (5.00 / 1) (#21)
    by jbindc on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 05:08:49 PM EST
    Just like math, it cancels out.

If you alienate the alienated, then they become establishment hacks and will bow down to the corporate / Third Way overlords.

Gotta admit (5.00 / 4) (#22)
    by CaptHowdy on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 05:10:31 PM EST
    I like being part of the establishment.  Been accused of many things in my life.  Never that.

Cool.

If anyone needed more proof... (5.00 / 4) (#33)
    by kdog on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 05:27:36 PM EST
    the culture war is over, and the bums lost, here you have it. Establishment Howdy.

Oh, that's easy. (5.00 / 1) (#66)
    by Donald from Hawaii on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 06:27:44 PM EST
    CaptHowdy: "How do you alienate the alienated[?]"

You simply hold their heads underwater until they stop thrashing and go limp.

;-D

Or shove your (none / 0) (#69)
    by CaptHowdy on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 06:31:55 PM EST
    Ovipositor down their throat and lay your eggs in their chest.

ALIEN jioke (none / 0) (#76)
    by CaptHowdy on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 06:56:15 PM EST
    wrong audience

The alienated fringe... (5.00 / 1) (#77)
    by kdog on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 07:04:17 PM EST
    caught it the first time...just sayin'.

Us us us us

Yeah (none / 0) (#81)
    by jondee on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 07:11:31 PM EST
    I used to talk about the alien larvae incubating in Cheney's chest cavity and nobody ever picked up on it.

True Fact: you can watch (none / 0) (#83)
    by Mr Natural on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 07:13:49 PM EST
    the fluorescent silicone rubber versions demoed on youtube.  They're ridiculously cringeworthy.

What did the Clintons (none / 0) (#80)
    by TrevorBolder on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 07:10:36 PM EST
    Ever do to David Axelrod???

(CNN)David Axelrod, the former top political adviser to President Barack Obama, said Monday that Hillary Clinton's inner circle should accept more responsibility for the candidate's struggles.

"When the exact same problems crop up in separate campaigns, with different staff, at what point do the principals say, 'Hey, maybe it's US?'" Axelrod tweeted, referencing the internal turmoil that gripped Clinton's losing 2008 bid.

Just help him (none / 0) (#87)
    by jbindc on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 07:35:14 PM EST
    raise significant funds for epilepsy on behalf of a foundation co-founded by Axelrod's wife and mother, Citizens United for Research in Epilepsy (CURE) (his daughter suffers from it).

What a guy he is.

Newsweek Irony Olympics (5.00 / 3) (#35)
    by smott on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 05:31:08 PM EST

The last Graf is perfect:

"If the data breach didn't gin up any backlash, it's hard to see Sanders losing votes over skirmishes about logos and union politicking. But is there any doubt that if the roles were reversed and Clinton operatives were behaving this way, it would be a much bigger story? "

PLEASE.

Seriously, f** Newsweek, if they cannot acknowledge their own complicity in the very double standard they now wring their hands over. Oh yes, there's NO doubt it would be a bigger story because you ***holes would be all over it.

The competition is fierce (none / 0) (#78)
    by CaptHowdy on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 07:08:00 PM EST
    Poem for a friend of mine (5.00 / 1) (#44)
    by Dadler on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 05:43:28 PM EST
    Sweet (none / 0) (#84)
    by smott on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 07:20:12 PM EST
    Sweet, Dadler

I wish it would go away but it's not (3.50 / 2) (#5)
    by Kmkmiller on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 04:32:34 PM EST
    Now that I understand Clintons transcripts are her intellectual property and she should be allowed to hold onto them so they can be published properly when she so chooses, this just feels more and more like sexism.

I was just lectured that the country is very upset and it's disgusting she made 300k for 30 mins worth of work and yet the entire nation sat and watched men make 10 times more for 3 hours of work yesterday.  Nobody's blaming them for that.

And no i was lectured making millions in one day is disgusting no matter what you do.   Ok fine.

The solution is a more progressive tax structure.  Let people get their paydays but tax them hard.  It's a no brainer.

Anyway I never got an answer to my question.  Do Barack Obama and Michelle Obama have to reject speaking fees if they want to remain in politics?  Someone on twitter finally confirmed yes, if they want to remain in politics they can't receive speaking fees, that is now the litmus test.

(1)

Are you seriously comparing... (5.00 / 1) (#10)
    by kdog on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 04:47:34 PM EST
    playing pro football to a Goldman Sachs speech?

How much revenue does a NFL game generate vs. a GS speech? Can you get permanent brain damage sitting next to Lloyd and speaking to his mercenaries about the income disparity problem?

I could see maybe by listening to Lloyd & Co. a permanent disability could result, but not merely speaking to.

Besides, like Chris Rock said..."Shaq is rich, the guy who signs Shaq's paycheck is wealthy." We're not buggin' on the rich, least of all those who earn it honest...We're buggin' on the wealthy who get it fraudulently.

Here's what I get from that (3.50 / 2) (#18)
    by Kmkmiller on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 05:02:46 PM EST
    Shaq gets a paycheck from the wealthy ... that's "taking on" the wealthy...

A woman gets a paycheck from the wealthy and she's in bed with them.

Is that what you just said?

(3)

Ya got me... (5.00 / 1) (#23)
    by kdog on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 05:11:50 PM EST
    the jig is up folks, I am a covert operative in the war on women. My cover is blown!

A lot of people don't know (5.00 / 1) (#30)
    by Kmkmiller on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 05:23:52 PM EST
    When they are being sexist that's why it's called "everyday sexism."

Here's an article on this topic ...

Link

True.... (5.00 / 1) (#37)
    by kdog on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 05:32:35 PM EST
    And some people don't know when they're being ridiculous.

the scroll wheel is your friend, kdog (none / 0) (#56)
    by Mr Natural on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 06:00:05 PM EST
    Too true... (5.00 / 1) (#63)
    by kdog on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 06:19:16 PM EST
    but sometimes, very rare, this little hobby of ours can lead to oneself checkin' themselves.

It's happened to me...it's a beautiful thing.

Speak for yourself, kdog. (none / 0) (#70)
    by Donald from Hawaii on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 06:32:35 PM EST
    My own cover remains perfectly in place and intac-D'OH!! Now look what you made me do!

;-D

If in all my years in NY... (none / 0) (#71)
    by kdog on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 06:38:24 PM EST
    I ever voted for Chuckie Schumer, kmk might have been onto something.

And I've already had the privilege of voting for a woman for president...where were y'all god damnit?

I can't decide if you are working at (5.00 / 1) (#28)
    by Anne on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 05:21:50 PM EST
    being deliberately obtuse or if it just comes naturally.

Here's the thing: if Clinton had no plans, no intention, no aspiration to run for the highest office in the land, whatever ridiculous sums of money a firm wanted to pay Clinton to hear her special insights and experiences would be of no particular matter.

If, knowing she had these aspirations, she had donated her fees to charity (hey, there's one way to make those dollars do some real good!), it would be hard to argue that paying her was going to make her beholden to the firms writing the checks.

Your comparisons to highly-paid athletes don't work.  Apples and footballs.

Sexism at work here?  Um, no.  I see how hard you keep trying to make it about sexism, but it just has nothing to do with her gender.  I'd be happy to hold Sanders' feet to the transcript fire, assuming you could find where he made the same kind of money from an industry for which there aren't enough zeros and commas to write out its wealth.

Please stop trying to troll people into a gender war, or a race war.

It's (5.00 / 2) (#53)
    by FlJoe on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 05:57:40 PM EST
    not sexism, it's a ridiculous purity test, are all these people on the take? Should they all be disqualified from running for office (or at least denied the votes of "true progressives)?

It's obvious that GS was not looking for any quid pro quo from any of these people(well maybe they were hedging their bets with the cardinal and the archbishop), but of course when the Clintons are involved............

Russell Simons is, for sure... (none / 0) (#68)
    by kdog on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 06:29:49 PM EST
    and the Cardinal and Arch Bishop. Those two are obvious, but more from the collection plate than GS.

Yes (none / 0) (#73)
    by Ga6thDem on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 06:39:30 PM EST
    let's alienate the largest swing vote in the country in a presidential election by accusing the leaders of the Catholic church being "on the take from Goldman Sachs".

That seems to answer the question (none / 0) (#38)
    by Kmkmiller on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 05:33:57 PM EST
    If the Obamas plan to remain in politics, no speaking fees for them.

And that's 5.  Wish I could discuss this with you further but I can't.

Men making millions throwing a ball around, cool.

Woman making 600k for delivering speeches, not cool.

Understood.

You see the reason why I really think this is sexism is because no one has ever once complained about Rep John Lewis speaking at Goldman Sachs.  Time will tell on this issue, and my money is on people forgetting all about it after Clinton is defeated.

Consider this (none / 0) (#51)
    by jimakaPPJ on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 05:56:26 PM EST
    The people paying the athletes all that money expect to make money off their efforts...

Now you were saying what about people paying politicians $600K for a 20 minute speech??

Now somebody's getting 600K? (none / 0) (#75)
    by jondee on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 06:44:11 PM EST
    I wouldn't pay that for the Sermon On The Mount.

Which, btw, is the GOP's least favorite speech.

Someone on Twitter? (none / 0) (#7)
    by Coral Gables on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 04:39:14 PM EST
    Please don't respond. Your interest one way or another went down the rabbit hole with your big finish.

How can I not respond (none / 0) (#15)
    by Kmkmiller on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 04:58:43 PM EST
    To such a friendly comment.  Also feel free to read some sarcasm into my "big finish.". Pretty sure the "release the transcripts" crowd will forget all about it after Clinton is defeated. Cause issues.

And snide or not I think it's valid to point out people are outraged over speaking fees after watching the super bowl.  What's that really about?  We shouldn't talk about it?

Maybe just say this:  I agree a lot of people are paid too much for what little they actually contribute to society.  It's out of control.  That is not sarcasm.

And leave it at that.

(2)

Almost brand new hotel... (none / 0) (#2)
    by vml68 on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 04:02:34 PM EST
    Westin at the Denver Airport?

Isn't Denver Int'l well to the east of town? (none / 0) (#32)
    by Donald from Hawaii on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 05:26:46 PM EST
    If I'm not on vacation but have to stay at a hotel, I'd really like it to be in relatively close proximity to where I need to / want to be. That said, everything is relative and convenience sometimes isn't everything.

The first time I had a business trip to Phoenix, I booked myself into what I thought was a nice hotel which was operated by a reputable chain. Certainly, the price was very reasonable for a midtown hotel located in the business district of a major city. I initially thought I had scored a great deal. I soon learned otherwise upon my arrival.

The hotel itself was nice enough, but my antennae first went up at check-in, when I noticed that two rather seedy looking "gentlemen's lounges" were just across the street. By the time I returned from a late dinner with friends at about 10:00 p.m., you could hear the heavy bass of the dance music thumping away at those establishments, and there were a few pretty skanky characters hanging out in front of them.

And along the sidewalk fronting the hotel parking lot itself were a number of young women who were practicing their trade, soliciting what appeared to be a steady stream of willing male clientele. While the two clubs across the street closed at 2:00 a.m., the parade of ladies on the sidewalk and vehicles / drivers on the street looking for a little company continued until about sunrise. I never noticed a single police car on patrol in the community the entire night.

And I think a couple of those ladies had a room down the hall on my floor, because I could hear them pass by on a regular basis while talking to men in not-so-hushed tones, and their room door was opening and shutting constantly. "C'mon in, everybody, 'cause we're open all night!"

I immediately checked out that following morning, and relocated to a hotel by the airport, which was also across the street from a church.

;-P

I am not familiar with Denver. (none / 0) (#58)
    by vml68 on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 06:01:25 PM EST
    Was just guessing at the hotel. My husband was on his way to Aspen last week and his flight was cancelled. So he stayed at the Westin at the airport. He said it was brand new and really nice for an airport hotel.

Bern her! (none / 0) (#11)
    by jbindc on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 04:51:57 PM EST
    That's almost funny (5.00 / 1) (#12)
    by CaptHowdy on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 04:55:36 PM EST
    And almost accurate.. (none / 0) (#16)
    by jondee on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 04:59:08 PM EST
    though she has been known to turn a couple of people into newts.

Then later they got better.

Or, more accurately (5.00 / 1) (#17)
    by jbindc on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 05:02:29 PM EST
    She's been able to silence Newt.

I just wish he'd finally go back to (none / 0) (#19)
    by jondee on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 05:04:16 PM EST
    the bottom of that pond where he came from.

You actually (none / 0) (#26)
    by Ga6thDem on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 05:18:05 PM EST
    hear him from time to time? Here in GA we never hear from him anymore. I think he shows up at some GOP events but the GOP seems to want to keep that even underground.

You need to watch more FIX news (none / 0) (#29)
    by CaptHowdy on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 05:22:11 PM EST
    Or not.

Or any of the (none / 0) (#34)
    by CaptHowdy on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 05:30:32 PM EST
    "Sunday shows". He is a fixture.  Don't ask me why.  But if Bill Kristol who hasn't been right about anything since 1984 can keep making his living this way, why not Newt.

I remember his Obama book.. (none / 0) (#39)
    by jondee on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 05:35:45 PM EST
    something about Obama leading the long slow march toward "socialism and secularism" (the two S's)..

It made think of when the PTA used to say rock n roll lead to miscegenation and heavy petting on the first date.

Okay. (none / 0) (#42)
    by Ga6thDem on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 05:36:47 PM EST
    As you can tell I never watch Sunday morning shows. They annoy me too much with all their "beltway conventional wisdom"

Ben Jealous endorsement (none / 0) (#40)
    by AnnL on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 05:36:35 PM EST
    Heard Ben Jealous on CNN earlier he's supporting Bernie because Clinton was in favor of crime bill (1994). But didn't Bernie vote for it?

Bernie (5.00 / 2) (#43)
    by Ga6thDem on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 05:38:01 PM EST
    did vote for the bill.

Ben Jealous endorsement (none / 0) (#45)
    by AnnL on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 05:46:22 PM EST
    I guess I don't understand Jealous's advocacy if his guy voted for the bill. Why hasn't there been some push back on this b.s.?

Have to (5.00 / 3) (#46)
    by CaptHowdy on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 05:48:45 PM EST
    Put it on the list of things there has been no pushback on.

But...but.... (none / 0) (#47)
    by jbindc on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 05:49:25 PM EST
    Iraq War Vote!

And the progressive congressional caucus (5.00 / 1) (#49)
    by CaptHowdy on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 05:53:49 PM EST
    Or whatever the hell its called.

Hillary's (5.00 / 2) (#50)
    by Ga6thDem on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 05:54:36 PM EST
    campaign has pushed back against it but you're asking the media morons to actually do some research and follow up on things?

Oy. (5.00 / 1) (#62)
    by Donald from Hawaii on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 06:17:58 PM EST
    How does one logically hold Mrs. Clinton -- who was First Lady 22 years ago and not yet a member of Congress -- entirely accountable for the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994 (Public Law No. 103-322), while simultaneously making an exception for Sen. Sanders, who as Vermont's sole U.S. House member actually voted in favor of the enacting legislation (H.R. 1355)?

Perfect is always the enemy of the good -- particularly whenever perfection isn't nearly so cut and dried as some people would otherwise wish to believe. When one's purity of intent succumbs to the political expediency of the given moment, its result often stands as an example of craven hypocrisy -- much as Mr. Jealous's endorsement of Sanders does here.

Aloha.

Easy! (5.00 / 2) (#86)
    by smott on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 07:22:10 PM EST
    Because, Clinton.

I can't believe (none / 0) (#48)
    by CaptHowdy on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 05:52:29 PM EST
    I just watched an interview with each of the 9 voters in Dixville Notch, "the first town in the nation to vote".  And always in front of dozens of bored media dutifully reporting what they do like anyone gives a sh!t.

It's really the perfect microcosm of this early state nonsense.

Damn (5.00 / 1) (#54)
    by Coral Gables on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 05:58:02 PM EST
    somehow I forgot all about the meaningless small Notch on the map

Set you alarm (none / 0) (#60)
    by jbindc on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 06:05:01 PM EST
    3 towns are voting at midnight tonight!

Too important questions for the Notch (5.00 / 1) (#64)
    by Coral Gables on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 06:22:31 PM EST
    that will surely keep me awake all night.

1. Why no polling done so we could see how the undecideds broke among the 9.

2. Is the polling place in the Notch required by law to re-open in the morning until 7pm ET tomorrow evening?

Too? really? (5.00 / 2) (#65)
    by Coral Gables on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 06:22:46 PM EST
    They have a whiteboard (5.00 / 1) (#67)
    by CaptHowdy on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 06:28:14 PM EST
    With the candidates on it.  9 candidates, 9 voters.   The guy suggested they might each vote for one of them just f@ck with people.

That would be awesome (none / 0) (#72)
    by jbindc on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 06:39:24 PM EST
    With only (none / 0) (#52)
    by Ga6thDem on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 05:57:13 PM EST
    9 people residing there it seems there may come a time when they no longer will be first because nobody will live there.

Maybe (5.00 / 1) (#55)
    by CaptHowdy on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 05:59:20 PM EST
    They will steal children.  Like that planet on Star Trek TNG.

Baa waa waa (none / 0) (#61)
    by Ga6thDem on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 06:14:33 PM EST
    I actually googled them and in the 2010 census they had 10 people. So I guess we're down to 9 now.

Oh, the excitement of them voting is too much for me to stand!

I went to a convention there one (none / 0) (#57)
    by jimakaPPJ on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 06:00:45 PM EST
    time in June...

Nice place and the local industry was a prophylactic factory.

Some seems right they vote first.

Explains (none / 0) (#59)
    by CaptHowdy on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 06:02:27 PM EST
    The low population I guess.

Haha (none / 0) (#74)
    by Ga6thDem on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 06:40:11 PM EST
    so I see the president of Mexico is declaring that he absolutely will not pay for that "stupid wall".

Dogpile on Marco (none / 0) (#85)
    by CaptHowdy on Mon Feb 08, 2016 at 07:21:53 PM EST
    Jeb - Hillary would "strip the bark off Marco"

Christie - Hillary would "eat him alive"

The punditry is .........strained tonight.

Just heard a guy say Bernie is a great cheerleader but Hillary is the quarterback.

Setting aside the genderfu@k the mental image of Bernie as cheerleader will stay with me.
    As will the one of Hillary stripping the bark off Marco.

This voting stuff is arriving just time.