Senate Confirms 6 US Attorneys, 5 are Republican Nominees
Last night, the Senate confirmed six U.S. Attorneys, five of whom were the preference of Republicans. Traditionally, nominations for U.S. Attorneys are presented to the President by the senators of the district. If the district's senators are not in the President's party, representatives from the House who are in the same party are consulted.
All four U.S. Attorney nominees in Texas were recommended by Republican Senators Kay Bailey Hutchison and John Cornyn. In Utah, Obama chose the nominee presented by Republican Sens. Orrin Hatch and Mike Lee. Obama disregarded the recommendations of Reps. Jim Matheson (D-Utah) and Lloyd Doggett (D-Texas)
Yesterday, the Senate confirmed six U.S. Attorneys, including the five recommended by Republicans. They are:
- Robert Lee Pitman for the Western District of Texas;,
- Sarah Ruth Saldaña for the Northern District of Texas;
- John M. Bales for the Eastern District of Texas;
- Kenneth Magidson for the Southern District of Texas;
- David Barlow for the District of Utah; and
- S. Amanda Marshall for the District of Oregon
Only S. Amanda Marshall was a Democratic pick.
|< Can Nancy Grace Ever Stop Spinning Fibs? | Standing Ovation for Roman Polanski in Zurich >|