Pre-Debate Thread: What Would You Be Listening To?

Do candidates, like athletes, use music to psych themselves up for the big event? I bet they do.

So what would Hillary be listening to? (I wouldn't be surprised if Trump is tone deaf and listens to nothing but his own voice, so I'm not including him.)

Since she's no millenial, I think the music on her smart phone is going to reflect her generation.

I'm picking three songs for her: One to pump her up, one to watch on her phone and inspire her right before she's introduced, and one to listen to during the break when she thinks she can't stand another moment of being on stage with Donald Trump.

I'd like to hear your choices in comments. My picks below.

To pump her up:

"I feel so good I'm gonna break somebody's heart tonight.
I feel so good I'm gonna tear someone apart tonight."

To inspire her right before she goes onstage: Bon Jovi's We Weren't Born to Follow (watch the images of world leaders, protesters and athletes and humanitarian acts)

During the break, to unleash her anger at Trump with no one else hearing:

You wave it like a flag
you wear it like a crown
you got your mind in the gutter
bringing everybody down
You bitch about the present
you blame it on the past
I'd like to find your inner child and kick it's little ass
Get over it

This is meant to be an inspirational thread, so Hillary haters needn't bother posting negative songs in this thread.

< Bono to Las Vegas: Don't Gamble on Trump, You'll Lose it All

I read that this is (none / 0) (#1)
    by Militarytracy on Mon Sep 26, 2016 at 01:24:41 PM EST
    Projected to be the most self medicated American debate audience in history. And it's really no fair that I have a full day tomorrow so I'm going to be watching this event completely sober

I can't find anyone saying that (none / 0) (#3)
    by Jeralyn on Mon Sep 26, 2016 at 01:34:01 PM EST
    are you reading that on Twitter? I don't believe that.

I read it this a.m. Jeralyn and I can't find it (none / 0) (#6)
    by Militarytracy on Mon Sep 26, 2016 at 01:42:14 PM EST
    Now. Bars all over the country are holding "debate" events, it's a party.

The Warrior-Wife and I are going (5.00 / 1) (#10)
    by Peter G on Mon Sep 26, 2016 at 01:52:13 PM EST
    to watch tonight with her "Drinking Liberally" gang at a local tavern. Private room reserved, starting at 8:30. Hoping this will make it fun.

YES! (none / 0) (#11)
    by Militarytracy on Mon Sep 26, 2016 at 01:53:08 PM EST
    I'm very jealous

They had a link to (none / 0) (#7)
    by Militarytracy on Mon Sep 26, 2016 at 01:48:54 PM EST
    Andy at the New Yorker, along with debate parties all over the country.

Here's a link to The New Yorker

I really don't want to watch it (none / 0) (#4)
    by CST on Mon Sep 26, 2016 at 01:34:28 PM EST
    I feel like I have to, probably won't be completely sober.

Honestly, this whole election season is making me sick to my stomach.

I guess we'll find out who the American people really are in November.

I feel frightened (none / 0) (#8)
    by Militarytracy on Mon Sep 26, 2016 at 01:50:20 PM EST
    It's a bad thing....being in Alabama right now. It's more than a basket around here ;)

Disgusted to report (none / 0) (#15)
    by Peter G on Mon Sep 26, 2016 at 01:58:47 PM EST
    that a Tr*mp sign (two actually) appeared on a neighbor's front lawn this morning. First and only on the block. And much to our frustration, the local HRC headquarters has no signs to give out, and won't. They said (unhappily) that we would have to go on the website and buy a lawn sign (for $40, iirc) if we want one. If you ask me (which no one did), this is NOT the way to create an appearance and atmosphere of growing excitement and enthusiasm, which imho we need.

My selections... (none / 0) (#2)
    by kdog on Mon Sep 26, 2016 at 01:31:54 PM EST
    regardless of generational considerations.

Get Pumped Track...Public Enemy, Welcome to the Terrordome

Pre Introduction Track...Robert Nesta Marley, Bend Down Low

Break Track...The Kinks, Death of a Clown

But my arse will be watching The Mets...I'm going back to New York City, I do believe I've had enough...

Don't get lost in the rain in Juarez, Kdog (5.00 / 1) (#12)
    by Peter G on Mon Sep 26, 2016 at 01:54:30 PM EST
    Your negativity can pull you through!

We shall be released Peter... (none / 0) (#16)
    by kdog on Mon Sep 26, 2016 at 02:02:53 PM EST
    any day now, any day now...November 8th to be exact! ;)

NY Times article on narrowing race (none / 0) (#5)
    by Green26 on Mon Sep 26, 2016 at 01:35:41 PM EST
    One pollster now says the race is too close to call.

Article.

Happens every Presidential election at this (none / 0) (#9)
    by Militarytracy on Mon Sep 26, 2016 at 01:51:04 PM EST
    Time. Not new

Historically speaking (none / 0) (#13)
    by Militarytracy on Mon Sep 26, 2016 at 01:55:46 PM EST
    The first debate tends to swing to the non-incumbent party also. That is the only dynamic that I think might be in play tonight.

Because I have to do this (none / 0) (#14)
    by Militarytracy on Mon Sep 26, 2016 at 01:56:44 PM EST
    Sober, I've been reading stats and such