Myths About the War on Drugs and Legalization
Ryan Grim, in tomorrow's Washington Post, rebuts five myths about drug legalization and the war on drugs. The myths:
- 1. America's drug problem began in the late 1960s.
- 2. Nixon is to blame for the war on drugs.
- 3. Legalization will increase teen drug use.
- 4. In foreign countries, legalization has been disastrous.
- 5. Americans aren't ready for legalization.
Grim, who is also a Congressional correspondent for Huffington Post, is the author of This Is Your Country on Drugs: The Secret History of Getting High in America.
|< Another Plane Crash in the Hudson River, Coverage Begins | Alberto Gonzales' New Gig >|