Wednesday Open Thread

My blogging is light because I'm just finishing watching the last 24 episodes of Cartel de los Sapos (First Season.) In between episodes, I read about the real life persons the charaters are portraying, to see how closely the show follows their real lives In this case, it's closer than I would have thought. The first half of season two is arriving tomorrow, so I think I'll be buried in that in the evening. Thursday I leave for Aspen and Owl Farm and the NORML Legal Seminar. My topic this year: "Getting High With Someone Who Dies: Defending federal complicity charges in drug overdose cases." The penalty for is a 20 year mandatory minimum. Another law that needs to be changed.

This is an open thread, all topics welcome.

< Soccer Officials Face U.S. Indictment and Extradition

Matt Taibbi has an excellent article (5.00 / 2) (#1)
    by Anne on Wed May 27, 2015 at 06:46:06 AM EST
    in Rolling Stone, "Why Baltimore Blew Up," that is a good companion to a David Simon post at The Marshall Project I linked to a couple weeks ago.

From the article:

But Baltimore remains a place where police stop pedestrians, ask them for ID and sometimes take them for rides if they give the wrong answers. "First thing they say is, 'Gimme your ID,' " says Malik Ansar, 44, who's standing on the corner of Penn and North in the days after Freddie Gray's death. "They look and say, 'Oh, you live in ZIP code 21227. What you doing way over here?' "

Ansar points at a run-down town house behind him. "You can tell him you were born in this house right here. They don't care. They say, 'You live here now?' And you say, 'No, man, I moved outta here 17 years ago.' And they say, 'What the fk you doing here now?' "

The way residents like Ansar describe it, if you're not at the address listed on a photo ID, you go into the paddy wagon. But if you run, it's worse. "Then, it's an ass-whipping," says a nearby bystander. "Believe me, Freddie [Gray] knew he was gonna get an ass-whipping if he got caught. . . . Everybody knows that. It may not be a real bad one, but you gonna get one."

So most people go along, which at minimum is a huge waste of time. Ansar's friend, who goes by the name of Big T, says if you get picked up at lunchtime, you're lucky if you make it to central booking by five. You spend the whole freaking day in that hot, cramped van.

And once you get to booking? "You're spending the night," says Big T. "It's just them saying, 'We're gonna get you.' "

Many of these "cases" of loitering, or disorderly conduct, or whatever, never amount to anything, and if they do, get dropped as soon as anyone with half a brain and a law degree sees the charging papers. But the endless regimen of street interrogations and "long rides" serves its own moronic purpose, being a clumsy, bluntly illegal method of intimidating residents and searching whole neighborhoods without probable cause.

The comparison may not be (none / 0) (#2)
    by CaptHowdy on Wed May 27, 2015 at 07:18:33 AM EST
    a PC one but that sure sounds sort of brownshirtish doesn't it.

Or life under a Communist regime. (none / 0) (#3)
    by Mordiggian 88 on Wed May 27, 2015 at 07:22:53 AM EST
    Is this a great country or what?</s>

I have heard my LE relatives (none / 0) (#4)
    by CaptHowdy on Wed May 27, 2015 at 07:29:41 AM EST
    discussing this tactic.  But around here it's Mexicans.

The cops in the small San Joaquin Valley (none / 0) (#5)
    by Mordiggian 88 on Wed May 27, 2015 at 07:43:56 AM EST
    town I live in used to do that with teenagers, pick them up, take them to the station for a while, and then release them if they had nothing to arrest them on.  This was 50 years or so ago.

jim, I gave you a 5 (none / 0) (#6)
    by fishcamp on Wed May 27, 2015 at 07:45:05 AM EST
    in the last thread regarding your idea about taking Memorial Day off from speaking about past armed forces members who died while fighting for our freedom.  You didn't respect your own idea, and continued with your same adversarial comments.  Good idea backed with bad thinking.

In All Fairness... (5.00 / 1) (#11)
    by ScottW714 on Wed May 27, 2015 at 09:06:12 AM EST
    ...I believe he waited until the next day to start his diatribe.  Apparently the dead are honored on a very tight schedule.

A lot of the Baltimore stories (none / 0) (#29)
    by ruffian on Wed May 27, 2015 at 12:50:16 PM EST
    echo the ones from NYC that Taibbi talked about in his excellent book 'The Divide'

That last paragraph you quoted says it all in a nutshell.

An impotent chickenhawk. (5.00 / 1) (#10)
    by CoralGables on Wed May 27, 2015 at 09:03:06 AM EST
    That started my day with a laugh. Well done sir.

I won't get into his service record, ... (5.00 / 2) (#14)
    by Donald from Hawaii on Wed May 27, 2015 at 09:37:01 AM EST
    ... since I tend to take people at their word that they served in the military whenever they claim to do so. As the son of a deceased USMC officer killed in Vietnam, I respect and honor such service.

But he should have never wielded his own service record as a weapon to impugn the patriotism of others -- and on Memorial Day weekend, no less. I find that particular penchant of his to be abhorrent and despicable, and I'll call him out on it every time.

(That said, those who would fabricate a past military service or otherwise inflate their service records deserve both our scorn and our contempt.)

We've heard more than enough from our resident American Über-Patriots over the decades and my own perspective, not only has nothing good ever come from their vitriol, they've further enabled some truly monstrous and inhumane acts to be committed in our country's name. I appreciate what you did in taking him down a richly deserved few pegs.

Mahalo and Aloha.

I Am the Same... (none / 0) (#25)
    by ScottW714 on Wed May 27, 2015 at 11:19:36 AM EST
    ...except Jim implied that I lied about mine yesterday and that did not sit well with me.

Unfortunately the thread filled up, so I dragged it over here.

I believe he served, but I also believe that he is being disingenuous about what he actually did.

Leave it there (5.00 / 1) (#59)
    by Jeralyn on Wed May 27, 2015 at 06:49:27 PM EST
    I'm cleaning this one of insults.

Jim and Mordigan are in timeout for blogclogging and insults to each other.

Mulligan (5.00 / 2) (#16)
    by Repack Rider on Wed May 27, 2015 at 10:05:23 AM EST
    I put this into the last thread, but too late for anyone to comment.  A performance artist has inspired a number of people across the South to hold ceremonies on Memorial Day for burning Confederate flags, which of course took place.

This might be the most perfect "troll" of fools and bigots I have ever seen, since that flag stands for two fairly despicable things, treason and slavery.  No patriotic American would feel anything but pleasure watching this hated symbol burn.

Predictably the fools and bigots were outraged at being exposed.  In the link you will find my comment and the hilarious response.

Well... (5.00 / 1) (#27)
    by ScottW714 on Wed May 27, 2015 at 12:24:58 PM EST
    ...since it's Fox News and TPM states:
    A total of 13 ceremonies were held on Memorial Day. While not every ceremony involved the burning of the flag, in each, the flag was buried in a series of WSMV called "funerals."

So less than 13 flags were burned.

Personally I don't care.  I find it extremely odd that the flag that represented treasonous people who tried to divide the country, and lost, is now held up as some kind of glory days symbol.

Why not go back a century and fly the Union Jack if they are going to go all nostalgic.  It makes no sense to fly a flag that represents shame, and a 'country' that does not exist.  But it's America and they can fly the Jolly Roger for all I care.

When I see it, I think racist aholes who can't get past the fact that they lost a war they started even with slave labor, much like Nazis.  But then I am a yankee living in the south and I find all the confederacy non-sense, and there is a lot of it, very disturbing.

If it were me I would want to forget my ancestors (here in Texas), not only stole land from Mexico at the end of a gun barrel, they enslaved people to work it, and then started a war to protect it that they lost because of it.

I tried to read all the comments. (none / 0) (#28)
    by oculus on Wed May 27, 2015 at 12:45:31 PM EST
    But who knew such people track the CSM?  The Juneteenth commemoration comment is restorative.

Am sort of surprised no one's (5.00 / 3) (#24)
    by Anne on Wed May 27, 2015 at 11:13:20 AM EST
    brought up the other case the Supreme Court has agreed to hear: settling the meaning of "one man - one vote."

From the NYT:

The court's ruling, expected in 2016, could be immensely consequential. Should the court agree with the two Texas voters who brought the case, its ruling would shift political power from cities to rural areas, a move that would benefit Republicans.

The court has never resolved whether voting districts should have the same number of people, or the same number of eligible voters. Counting all people amplifies the voting power of places with large numbers of residents who cannot vote legally, including immigrants who are here legally but are not citizens, illegal immigrants, children and prisoners. Those places tend to be urban and to vote Democratic.

A ruling that districts must be based on equal numbers of voters would move political power away from cities, with their many immigrants and children, and toward older and more homogeneous rural areas.

My feeling is that those elected to Congress are elected to represent everyone who lives in his or her district, not just those who are eligible to vote.

Charlie Pierce

You really have to admire how they've [the Supreme Court] done it. First, they turn our elections into a plutocrat's playground (Citizens United, McCutcheon). Then they uphold in the main voter-suppression tactics designed by the candidates the newly corrupt system produces out in the states (Crawford). Then, they gut any remedy that the people against whom these new laws discriminate have in federal court (Shelby County.) And now, it appears, the day of Jubilee having been declared, the circle may be closing for good.

Depressing.

I Don't Know Mordiggian... (5.00 / 1) (#30)
    by ScottW714 on Wed May 27, 2015 at 01:14:02 PM EST
    ...I have tried to do it myself and failed many times.  Most of us have.

But we are the occasional smokers, you are putting away 3 packs before lunch.  More power to you, but I am very skeptical only because I can't do it myself.

I swear, I was going to post (none / 0) (#58)
    by Mordiggian 88 on Wed May 27, 2015 at 06:00:06 PM EST
    in any follow-up comment Mark Twain's observation that you can only give up smoking once.

Any way, one day at a time.

There's a reason Paul runs (5.00 / 1) (#32)
    by jondee on Wed May 27, 2015 at 02:22:55 PM EST
    as a Republican..

What does he have to say about Republican's organized efforts to make it harder for people to vote? Is that another issue he skims over while circling back to the Patriot Act?

There's also a reason that (5.00 / 3) (#33)
    by Anne on Wed May 27, 2015 at 02:38:42 PM EST
    Charlie Pierce has established the "5-minute rule" for both Rand and Ron Paul:

The Five Minute Rule regarding the public pronouncements of any member of the extended Paul family is well-known around this shebeen, but to recap for people who may have joined this blog in progress, the Five Minute Rule states the following: while listening to any member of the extended Paul family, things will make sense for exactly five minutes. However, invariably, exactly at the five-minute mark, any Paul will say something either so unmoored from reality, or just so overwhelmingly insufferable, that you will think yourself the victim of an elaborate con that you ever saw anything of merit in what they were saying.

That 10-hour "filibuster" must have made Lewis Carroll green with envy.

Gov. John Kasich (R), (5.00 / 1) (#36)
    by CoralGables on Wed May 27, 2015 at 03:02:37 PM EST
    has officially announced that he will officially announce a bid for the Presidency in July. I'm guessing all the other dates between now and then were already taken by future GOP presidential candidates.

Are any of these cats... (5.00 / 2) (#41)
    by kdog on Wed May 27, 2015 at 03:38:41 PM EST
    really running for president?  Or are they just running for future Fox News/right wing speaking circuit gigs?

I mean surely they all can't be serious.

Never underestimate (5.00 / 2) (#46)
    by Zorba on Wed May 27, 2015 at 04:09:57 PM EST
    the power of the ego, which these people have in full abundance.
    OTOH, speaking circuit money is also good.   ;-)
    Most politicians (and so-called "business people" like Fiorina and Trump) live in an exclusive little bubble.  Few, if any, people that they normally surround themselves with tell them that they are full of it.  So they begin to believe that their pronouncements are golden, and that the sun shines out of their @sses.

But they are, kdog! (none / 0) (#72)
    by Donald from Hawaii on Wed May 27, 2015 at 11:45:35 PM EST
    So, I guess God (none / 0) (#38)
    by nycstray on Wed May 27, 2015 at 03:25:56 PM EST
    got back to him on that . . .   :P

Nebraska abolishes the death penalty (5.00 / 6) (#48)
    by Peter G on Wed May 27, 2015 at 04:20:29 PM EST
    By a vote of 30-19, the Legislature (with no votes to spare) overrides the governor's veto. Which state is next?

Wow, I am stunned (none / 0) (#61)
    by Militarytracy on Wed May 27, 2015 at 07:22:05 PM EST
    Someone mess with Texas :)

MotherJones (none / 0) (#7)
    by CaptHowdy on Wed May 27, 2015 at 07:59:39 AM EST
    The Rise and Fall of Twitter's Most Infamous Right-Wing Troll

The guy at Little Green Footballs, who's name also happens to be Charles Johnson, has been all over this.  Some funny stuff  there.

Update, 5/26/2015: On Monday, Twitter permanently suspended Chuck Johnson's Twitter account, as well as another account, @citizentrolling, he set up in response to the initial suspension. The suspension came in response to a tweet Johnson sent out asking for help "taking out" activist civil rights activist DeRay McKesson. (Johnson has said he was merely referring to his reporting and was not making a physical threat.) You can read his lawyer's letter to Twitter demanding immediate reinstatement here. Read the original piece below:

In case you are wondering where, (5.00 / 2) (#8)
    by CaptHowdy on Wed May 27, 2015 at 08:19:30 AM EST
    you know....

His other recent antics have included suing for access to Mike Brown's juvenile records, making the unproven claim that the Ferguson police shooting victim had once been charged in a second-degree murder.⁠ Citing police sources, he accused "street thug" Eric Garner, the Staten Island man who died after being put in a chokehold by a New York City police officer, of domestic abuse.

His tweet was essentially (none / 0) (#13)
    by Mordiggian 88 on Wed May 27, 2015 at 09:10:51 AM EST
    "Will no one rid us of this meddlesome activist?"

Like King Henry (none / 0) (#34)
    by jondee on Wed May 27, 2015 at 02:44:26 PM EST
    talking about Thomas Beckett..

And in doing so, (5.00 / 1) (#47)
    by Peter G on Wed May 27, 2015 at 04:17:31 PM EST
    soliciting Becket's murder.

Richard III did this too, according (none / 0) (#53)
    by oculus on Wed May 27, 2015 at 05:22:09 PM EST
    to Shakespeare.

Exactly! (none / 0) (#57)
    by Mordiggian 88 on Wed May 27, 2015 at 05:51:11 PM EST
    Deniability is an old concept in power politics.

BTW, most of Shakespeare's historic plays are Tudor-friendly propaganda, remember who was sitting on the Throne at the time they were written.

His site was such a magnet (none / 0) (#35)
    by jondee on Wed May 27, 2015 at 03:00:19 PM EST
    for people with that rw dirty trickster mentality, that he had to give a couple of his beside-themselves regulars the boot after Obama was elected and comments were made at the site that bordered on physical threats.

Is Kos guilty of making death threats? (2.00 / 1) (#63)
    by Redbrow on Wed May 27, 2015 at 07:50:00 PM EST
    THU JUN 05, 2014 AT 01:20 PM PDT
    Let's take out Scott Walker in Wisconsin: Mary Burke for governor

...or maybe it is just a common figure of speech.

I am not pro Chuck Johnson.

I am anti arbitrary political censorship.

That being said (none / 0) (#64)
    by Redbrow on Wed May 27, 2015 at 07:56:45 PM EST
    This highest rated comment from a recent Shaun King diary does seem like apossible call to violence.

"Unfuckingbelievable!

At some point you'd have to think the survival instinct would kick in for the city.

TAKE OUT THE BAD COPS!

The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends towards justice. - MLK Jr.

by Quabbin on Mon Apr 27, 2015 at 10:44:03 AM PDT"

... a few years ago by FIFA, soccer's governing body, to award the 2018 World Cup to Vladimir Putin's Russia and the 2022 event to very tiny but stupid and obscenely rich Qatar, then-U.S. Attorney Loretta Lynch apparently opened an investigation into the practices of soccer's governing body, FIFA.

That investigation culminated today in pre-dawn raids by Swiss police on FIFA headquarters in Zurich and by the FBI on FIFA's offices in Brooklyn, and the subsequent arrest of nine prominent FIFA officials and five marketing and banking executives who had been indicted on charges of bribery and corruption, as announced by now-Attorney General Lynch this morning in Washington.

While FIFA spokesman Walter de Gregorio issued a statement following the arrests which insisted that the organization's decisions on the host countries for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups were "final" and would not be revisited, most sports analysts aren't quite so sure now. This morning's events likely calls into question FIFA President Sepp Blatter's chances for re-election to a fifth term, which had once been considered a lock.

Allegations of systemic bribery and widespread corruption had long been staples regarding the activities of soccer's governing body. Most certainly, the world's most popular spectator sport has been shaken to its very core as a result of Ms. Lynch's investigation. This should get very interesting, regardless of whether or not you're a soccer fan.

Stay tuned.

Yes. (none / 0) (#19)
    by Zorba on Wed May 27, 2015 at 10:29:50 AM EST
    Jeralyn has posted a thread, right below this one, entirely devoted to the FIFA investigations and indictments.

And that beacon of liberal humanism (none / 0) (#37)
    by jondee on Wed May 27, 2015 at 03:06:52 PM EST
    and human rights, China, hosted the Olympics.

How did that come about?

Just reading an interesting thing (none / 0) (#20)
    by CaptHowdy on Wed May 27, 2015 at 10:30:13 AM EST
    interesting (none / 0) (#23)
    by CST on Wed May 27, 2015 at 10:49:22 AM EST
    That they talk about the decline of ROTC programs as well.  My grandfather, one of the most left-wing people I've ever known (and a WW2 vet), was a big proponent for increasing ROTC programs, as he feared the political polarization of the armed forces.

And then I consider his two sons and Vietnam.  The older son (significantly older) tried to volunteer and was rejected for medical reasons.  His younger son starved himself down to 80lbs to avoid the draft.  By the time my generation came around military service was the farthest thing from consideration, despite sept 11th happening shortly before my 17th birthday.

One Dove (none / 0) (#26)
    by CaptHowdy on Wed May 27, 2015 at 11:22:44 AM EST
    WHITE LOVE

happy Wednesday

Oooooo doves... (none / 0) (#70)
    by desertswine on Wed May 27, 2015 at 10:50:28 PM EST
    Perla Batalla - Cucurrucucu Paloma

Senator Rand Paul (R. KY) (none / 0) (#31)
    by KeysDan on Wed May 27, 2015 at 01:45:27 PM EST
    appeared on the Daily Show last night, pushing his book "Taking a Stand: Moving Beyond Partisan Politics to Unite America."   Jon Stewart had an introductory piece on the Patriot Act and, then, discussed the law with Rand, particularly, Paul's mini-filibuster--the first question being is it true that you can not go to the bathroom.  Paul answered, yes, and called to memory the excretory procedures taken in the past by Strom Thurmond, the infamous senator from South Carolina.

When the conversations went from the Patriot Act to inconsistencies and disingenuousness in Paul's selective government over-reach admonitions (e.g., Patriot Act, too much; Abortion/gay marriage, not enough), Paul cycled back to the Patriot Act, to the dismay of Stewart.  Jon threw up his hands, giving up, apparently,  on the success of interviewing a weasel.

Paul, on the so called religious freedom movement, sympathized with the Christian bakers and other "Christian businesses,"  noting that many religious conservatives were afraid that their opinions would not longer be allowed even in their own churches.

Although Stewart responded that no one is saying that, Paul just insisted that "it is out there."  Jon missed the opportunity to remind Paul of his book's title, and expect that his uniting of Americans might include providing leadership, not to mention, truth.

Anything's possible... (none / 0) (#40)
    by kdog on Wed May 27, 2015 at 03:36:09 PM EST
    but I seriously doubt it...my money is on him being here for kicks, just like the rest of us.

Though if you're right, his shadowy sponsor is getting hustled, and good for Jim if that's the case...whoever would pay people to infiltrate internet comment sections deserves to get took;)

Maybe I'm giving too much credit (5.00 / 1) (#44)
    by jondee on Wed May 27, 2015 at 03:47:49 PM EST
    but I think a person would have to be getting paid to talk like they truly believe man-made greenhouse gases are an international scientific "hoax".

Nothing wrong with (none / 0) (#45)
    by KeysDan on Wed May 27, 2015 at 03:50:18 PM EST
    forced ultrasounds.  They are cool, says Scott Walker.  Not ready to pine over Mittens, but a big concern in his case was, if elected, would he have enough time to govern what with all his visits to see his money in Switzerland and the Caymans.  With Walker, the worry is one of inadequate gray matter.

Because what women (and other humans) (5.00 / 2) (#52)
    by Peter G on Wed May 27, 2015 at 05:18:11 PM EST
    object to about forced vaginal probes is the display to them of the resulting picture, right?  I mean, I'm not a woman, but I couldn't have misidentified the offensive and problematic part, could I?

Does he understand...? (5.00 / 2) (#56)
    by jbindc on Wed May 27, 2015 at 05:50:44 PM EST
    That when you see the ultrasounds of someone's grandkids, chances are that ultrasound was done when a doctor rubbed some KY jelly on the mother's abdomen and then rubbed a wand ON it.  Not IN it.

Put some gel on your belly and then take a pop can or bottle of water and rub it on your belly.  THAT'S where they generally get the ultrasound pictures from.

Now take Harry Potter wand and stick it INSIDE of you.

Not the same thing at all.  What an idiot he is.

Maybe Walker is just confused? (none / 0) (#60)
    by EL seattle on Wed May 27, 2015 at 06:55:38 PM EST
    He might be thinking that U.S. hospitals use the same ultrasound processes that Shell Tribe people use in exotic foreign lands.  If that's the case, it probably won't help to try to correct him about this, because he'll probably just stick to his dream of "cool" probe-free ultrasounds. It can be really hard to argue with people like that who get committed to a specific idea.

if I am clueless on this.

I have two children and was present for several ultrasound exams.

Where does he discuss a "Harry Potter wand" probe getting stuck "INSIDE of you?"

Did something get deleted from the link before I read it?

In very early pregnancy, (none / 0) (#74)
    by Zorba on Thu May 28, 2015 at 02:25:11 AM EST
    The embryo is so small, a transvaginal ultrasound is necessary in order to get a picture of it.

"Look Ladies (none / 0) (#50)
    by Repack Rider on Wed May 27, 2015 at 04:52:13 PM EST
    ...It's no different than a recreational proctology exam, but with something a little bigger.  Who doesn't like a good one of those?  I'm doing it for your sake, and you're welcome.  Vote for me."

Maybe if women started (5.00 / 1) (#51)
    by Anne on Wed May 27, 2015 at 05:13:54 PM EST
    faking orga$ms - a la Meg Ryan in "When Harry Met Sally" - while being probed, Republicans would ban their use, because what would the fun be in women enjoying the experience?  I mean, it is supposed to be a humiliating and uncomfortable experience if women are going to learn - the hard way - not to get pregnant (which really means, not having sex).

I Don't Get It... (5.00 / 2) (#54)
    by ScottW714 on Wed May 27, 2015 at 05:22:48 PM EST
    ...is like A Clockwork Orange, do they put toothpicks in their eyes and force them to watch.

How exactly is the ultrasound, which actually doesn't have sound, something they are required to view.  What about the blind, no abortions if you can't see ?

The idea that you can make a law to force someone to watch something in America is just plain nuts on so many levels.

D's should make R's watch videos of soldiers getting killed, or children going hungry, or people getting shot by assault rifles.  Or are these consequence videos just for women who have sex.

Let's test it out (5.00 / 3) (#55)
    by jbindc on Wed May 27, 2015 at 05:45:30 PM EST
    Scott Walker should submit to a transanal probe - just to check things out, ya know - and do it for YouTube.  Let's see how cool it is then!

Hey... (none / 0) (#49)
    by ScottW714 on Wed May 27, 2015 at 04:49:13 PM EST
    ...there is an app called Fiverr, where you can hire 'contractors' to do anything office like fort $5 and hour.

My friend uses them all the time to do S at his job that he doesn't want to do.  They get around minimum wage because they are not employees, but contractors.

Fiverr

When they call the app fifteenerr (none / 0) (#65)
    by nycstray on Wed May 27, 2015 at 07:57:31 PM EST
    maybe I'll check it out  ;)

Sorry (none / 0) (#66)
    by coast on Wed May 27, 2015 at 08:06:52 PM EST
    I might be slow here, but how exactly does being a contractor rather than an employee change $5/hr to almost $15/hr?

comments with insults and (none / 0) (#62)
    by Jeralyn on Wed May 27, 2015 at 07:33:45 PM EST
    personal attacks will be deleted. An open thread is to discuss topics of interest to you, not to attack other commenters.

New lead on Natelee Holloway (none / 0) (#67)
    by McBain on Wed May 27, 2015 at 09:53:38 PM EST

I haven't heard much about this case in a long time.  New tip says Natalee's body is buried on Aruba.  Previous tips/rumors included her body was dumped in the ocean and she was sold to sex traffickers. She disappeared 10 years ago.

Our hostess deleted 36 comments (none / 0) (#68)
    by CoralGables on Wed May 27, 2015 at 10:27:07 PM EST
    from the last Open Thread.

We have not been good children.

It was Lord of the Flies in here for a while (none / 0) (#69)
    by McBain on Wed May 27, 2015 at 10:38:17 PM EST
    Go Warriors! (none / 0) (#71)
    by MKS on Wed May 27, 2015 at 11:01:07 PM EST