Holiday Weekend Blogging: Give the Gift of Traffic
Here's a little song you can all join in on....
Everyone knows that blog traffic goes down substantially for political blogs on weekends. It declines more so on holiday weekends, like the one beginning today with the 4th of July just around the corner.
So, please, give the gift of traffic. It's free. All you have to do is visit your favorite blogs so they register your presence.
Just about every blog has a blogroll. Check out some of the blogs on them. If you're online and blogging, try to link more this weekend.
I'll start, and I'll be updating and occasionally bumping this post over the next few days.
- The Talking Dog has an interview with Gaillard Hunt, counsel for Pakistani National Saifullah Paracha, currently at Guantanamo Bay, where he may become our first non-suicide death if his heart problems continue to go untreated.
- Avedon Carol at Sideshow on the failure of the immigration bill.
- Law Prof Doug Berman at Sentencing Law and Policy evaluates the Supreme Court's term from a sentencing perspective.
- For humor, visit TBogg and Wonkette and Jesus' General (who today rips Tom Tancredo on immigration.)
- The crew at Firedoglake has several great posts scheduled for the weekend. Start with For Life, For Jane.
Feel free to put links to your own blog posts in the comments -- so long as they are in html format (long urls skew the site and I can't edit comments on Scoop, I can only delete them.)
As for something to discuss, here's a question for those more web-savvy than me. Which is a better way for a political blog to raise its profile and awareness of its issues and increase traffic to the site -- FaceBook or My Space? What's the difference between them? Are they worth the effort?
TalkLeft's My Space page is here, TalkLeft's Facebook page is here. I've done very little with either so far. I'd like to put the TalkLeft video that's on My Space and You Tube on Facebook but I don't have a copy of on my hard drive to upload. Any suggestions?
Check out Firedoglake's Facebook page, they've put some real effort into it and although a work in progress, it shows.
|< Supreme Court Changes Mind, Will Hear Two Gitmo Challenges | Court Reissues PlameGate Opinion Adding Karl Rove's Name >|