Midnight Plame Gate Roundup
- Former CIA Agent Larry Johnson, guest posting at TPM Cafe explains again just how Valerie Plame was an undercover agent and the damage from leaking her identity. I say again because I've mentioned his and fellow former Agent Larry Marcinkowski's testimony to the Senate Democractic Policy Committee so many times. (Hearing Transcript here(pdf))
- Armando at Daily Kos on Valerie Plame's covert status. He finds this Knights-Ridder article:
The CIA declined to discuss Plame's intelligence work, but an agency official disputed suggestions that she was a mere analyst whose public exposure would have little consequence. "If she was not undercover, we would have no reason to file a criminal referral," the CIA official said, insisting on anonymity because of the sensitivity of the investigation.
- Arianna on why Karl Rove should be fired.
- Atrios brings Judith Miller back into the equation.
- David Corn brings Ken Mehlman into the stonewalling mix.
- Digby wonders why Richard Luskin, Karl Rove's lawyer, would criticize Matt Cooper the day before his grand jury testimony.
|< Walter Pincus' Source: Was it Karl Rove? | Was Larry Griffin Wrongfully Executed? >|