Friday Open Thread: Musing on Taco Bowls

The tweet by Donald Trump depicting him eating a taco bowl in his office (made at Trump Tower Grill) and proclaiming his love of Hispanics in celebration of Cinco del Mayo is hilarious. It's been retweeted 73,000 times as of now, and "liked" by 85,000 people. (There's no dislike number, which for all we know, could be in the hundreds of thousands.

I think his account was hacked. Even he's not stupid enough to think anyone would believe he loves Hispanics or would eat that Taco bowl. I don't even believe he eats food from a restaurant in his building. Do you really think he doesn't have a private chef?

Best response I've seen so far: "Can we have the taco bowl for President instead of Trump?" [More...]

Hat tip to a tweeter named Benny Johnson who noticed that Trump's Taco bowl is sitting on a bikini-clad photo of his ex-wife Marla Maples, taken by Getty Images in Florida in March, 1985. See the lower right of corner of Trump's tweeted photo. Here's the Getty Image, which I just got at their website:

I wonder why Donald's credenza drawer is open. And what's in it. Looks like a pack of Marlboros but he doesn't smoke. And who is the woman on the right in the photo on the floor? It looks she has a blond bun. Is it Ivana Trump?

The "taco bowl" he's eating is supremely unhealthy, loaded with lard, fat and calories. Cinco de Mayo is a Mexican holiday, not a "Hispanic" holiday. It's also not on the menu for the Trump Grill. And Trump has placed it in a dish with walls. This just has to be a joke or a hack, no?

Trump is going to supply us with endless laughs between now and November, but I doubt they will translate into votes. He's an entertainer, not a leader. I won't be surprised if Republican voter turnout in November is the lowest in history, or he gets the least number of votes for President of any major party candidate period.

This is an open thread, all topics welcome.

< Obama Commutes 58 More Drug Sentences

Number of media (none / 0) (#1)
    by Nemi on Fri May 06, 2016 at 06:51:23 AM EST
    that - listed by memeorandum - found the picture at Trump's Facebook and other of his social media accounts worth covering:

Take Town, Politico, New York Times, Western Journalism, No More Mister Nice Blog, The Daily Caller, Washington Post, USA Today, Patterico's Pontifications, Independent Journal ..., Hit & Run, CBS Philly, The Verge, CBS Los Angeles, Guardian, The Last Refuge, Fox 59, The Atlantic, Daily Kos, NBC News, Eater, TalkLeft, Mashable, FOX6Now.com, CBS Miami, Business Insider, Red Alert Politics, ABC News, ThinkProgress, U.S. Uncut, CBS Detroit, Hot Air, AOL, Vox, Balloon Juice, fox4kc.com, Mediaite, The Week, Washington Free Beacon, CBS New York, Washington Times, BizPac Review and The New Civil Rights Movement

I guess he must be doing something right ... right?

No one has ever loved "the diverse" (none / 0) (#2)
    by ExPatObserver on Fri May 06, 2016 at 07:07:15 AM EST
    more than The Donald. He's a lovely guy.

Who do you side with? (none / 0) (#3)
    by CaptHowdy on Fri May 06, 2016 at 07:50:11 AM EST
    I'm reposting this link cause I think it's cool.

I SIDE WITH dot COM

answer a few questions and it tells you based on there views of record who most agrees with you.

This little quiz Howdy links to (none / 0) (#4)
    by caseyOR on Fri May 06, 2016 at 07:59:25 AM EST
    is pretty interesting. I took it. The results confirmed for me that Sanders and Clinton hold very very similar policy positions on most issues.

My outcomes:

Sanders - 99%

Clinton - 97%

Stein - 95%

I got (none / 0) (#5)
    by CaptHowdy on Fri May 06, 2016 at 08:05:53 AM EST
    (From memory)

Sanders 94

Clinton 92

Johnson 89

A, A-, and a B+ (none / 0) (#6)
    by Mr Natural on Fri May 06, 2016 at 08:26:30 AM EST
    I got (none / 0) (#11)
    by CoralGables on Fri May 06, 2016 at 09:51:04 AM EST
    Me 100
    Clinton 96
    Sanders 95
    Stein 88
    Johnson 85
    and all the way down to
    Cruz 16

All of which is somewhat meaningless with me at the top of those I'm in agreement with as I'd never vote for me, but great to know I never want to have a beer with Cruz.

Did you see the Johnson interview (none / 0) (#12)
    by CaptHowdy on Fri May 06, 2016 at 09:57:28 AM EST
    I took that from?  I posted it in another thread.  I laughed when he said the person he most agreed with was Sanders.  I thought wait, you are not counting yourself, right?

I know on which date Trump (none / 0) (#7)
    by ExPatObserver on Fri May 06, 2016 at 08:42:25 AM EST
    will have fried chicken and watermelon!

Yes (none / 0) (#8)
    by Ga6thDem on Fri May 06, 2016 at 09:17:01 AM EST
    that seems to be the joke. On Juneteenth he will eat watermelon and fried chicken and say I love the blacks!

Look forward to the (none / 0) (#9)
    by CaptHowdy on Fri May 06, 2016 at 09:22:21 AM EST
    Gay Pride menu

hot dogs (none / 0) (#10)
    by ExPatObserver on Fri May 06, 2016 at 09:43:25 AM EST
    And tossed salad. "Trump tower has the best tossed salad!"