Boston Bombing Developments: Saturday
Here's a thread to discuss continuing developments in the Boston Marathon Bombing case and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev. The Federal Defender in MA today said it expects its office to be appointed to be appointed.
What I've been reading:
- Glenn Greenwald on the public safety exception to Miranda rights.
- Emily Brazelon at Slate on why we should care.
- Andrew Cohen on The Legal Way Forward
- The 2010 FBI memo on the public safety exception to Miranda rights
- Montejo v. Louisiana, 556 U.S. 778 (U.S. 2009)(overruling Mississippi v. Jackson)
- New York v. Quarles, 467 U.S. 649 (U.S. 1984)
What I'm not reading: Any of the garbage put out by Lindsay Graham. [More...]
|< Obama Press Conference on Boston Bombing Suspect | Shots Fired at Denver's 4/20 Marijuana Rally >|