Mormon Women Explain Their Support for Obama
Via the Washington Post: 9 Mormon women explain why they support President Barack Obama over Mitt Romney. Some Snippets:
- "Mitt Romney and his plans for America are foreign to my faith values. He has shown behind closed doors how he truly feels about our nation’s poor and vulnerable, while Obama has sought to protect social programs, foreign aid, and real healthcare protections for those who desperately need it."
- "I am a Mormon woman (and mother) who supports Barack Obama because of the Affordable Health Care Act."
- "Thirty years ago our mothers, fathers, aunts, uncles, sisters and brothers fought for the future of their young daughters. They fought for our education and our right to receive equal pay for our work. Mitt Romney threatens those rights that already belong to us."
- “President Obama is committed to looking out for those whose voices go unheard—women, gays, the poor, and the elderly.
- "Mitt Romney reminds me of every well-meaning yet overbearing male church leader who’s ever underestimated me.”
- "I will be voting for President Obama because he will wage the battles that are important to me: thoughtful foreign policy, compassionate immigration reform, serious education standards, responsible market regulation, and equal protection and civil rights for every citizen.”
- "I am voting for Obama to preserve opportunity for others.”
- "Governor Romney has spoken disparagingly of ‘illegals.’ No human being is illegal. I am voting for President Obama.”
- "We need a government that values the lives of the vulnerable—‘the least of these’ Christ spoke of--enough to create a safety net for them to survive the challenges of life. I voted early, and I cast my ballot for Obama. I only wish I lived in a swing state where my vote would make a difference. Maybe yours can."
Also supporting President Obama over Mitt Romney: The Salt Lake City Tribune, Utah's largest newspaper:
From his embrace of the party’s radical right wing, to subsequent portrayals of himself as a moderate champion of the middle class, Romney has raised the most frequently asked question of the campaign: "Who is this guy, really, and what in the world does he truly believe?"
..."The president has earned a second term. Romney, in whatever guise, does not deserve a first."
|< Obama Makes His Case For Re-Election | Obama's Last Rally Live >|