Obama Makes His Case For Re-Election
President Obama makes the case for his re-election. Shorter version: We can move forward or fall back. [All quotes from @BarackObama]
- "I said we'd repeal 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell', we ended it."
- "I said we’d crack down on reckless practices on Wall Street, and we did."
- "I said that I'd end the war in Iraq, and I ended it."
- "I said I'd pass health care reform, and I passed it.
- "I'm not going to turn Medicare into a voucher to pay for a millionaire's tax cut."
- "We don’t want politicians in Washington, most of whom are male, to make health care decisions that women can make for themselves."
- "I will never allow politicians in Washington to control health care choices that women should be making for themselves."
Change You Can Believe In:
- Today, our businesses have created nearly 5.5 million jobs. The American auto industry is back on top. Home values are on the rise
- America’s dependence on foreign oil has reached a 20-year low, down 25% since President Obama took office
- President Obama kept his promise to end the war in Iraq. Romney called the decision to bring our troops home "tragic"
- Under Obamacare, insurance companies won’t be able to charge women more than men for the same coverage. 3.1 million more young Americans under age 26 have health coverage.
- The first bill President Obama signed into law was the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, which helps women fight for equal pay.
- The raid on Osama bin Laden’s compound, eliminated the man responsible for the 9/11
- Gay and lesbian servicemembers don't have to lie about who they are to serve their country
- President Obama has signed 18 tax cuts that are helping small businesses grow and create jobs.
- President Obama’s plan extends tax cuts for 97% of America's small business owners
- Since taking office, President Obama has cut taxes for the typical American family by $3,600.
- Since January 2010, we’ve added 479,000 manufacturing jobs—the biggest gains in that sector since the mid-1990s.
- Consumer confidence is at its highest level in 5 years, while foreclosures are at a 5-year low.
- Under President Obama, our economy has added 5.4 million private-sector jobs over the last 32 months.
- Companies hired more workers in October than any time in the last 8 months.
- President Obama doubled funding for Pell Grants, increasing the number of recipients to nearly 10 million students.
President Obama on Romney:
- "We know what change looks like, and what he's selling ain't it."
- "He’s tried as hard as he can to repackage the same old bad ideas and make them out to be new ideas."
- "Romney would take us back to the failed policies that crashed our economy."
- "Romney has been using all his talents as a salesman to dress up these very same policies that failed our country so badly."
- "Romney has said it’s “fair” for him to pay a lower tax rate than a worker making $50,000, despite making nearly $14 million last year."
- "Romney can't pay for his $5 trillion in tax cuts that favor the wealthy without raising middle-class taxes or exploding the deficit."
- "Giving more power back to the biggest banks, that’s not change."
- "Another $5 trillion in tax cuts for the wealthiest—that’s not change."
- "Ruling out compromise by pledging to rubber-stamp the Tea Party's agenda in Congress—that's not change."
- "No one who fights for this country should have to fight for a job, or a roof over their head, or the care they need when they come home."
- "We believe our country is better when people can count on Medicare and Social Security in their golden years."
- "We believe that quality health care and a dignified retirement aren't just achievable goals—they’re a measure of our values as a nation."
- It’s time to use the savings from ending the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan to start paying down our debt and rebuilding America."
- "Change is finally turning the page on a decade of war to do some nation-building here at home."
Obama on Obama:
- "You know where I stand, and you know what I believe. You know that I tell the truth."
- "No matter what happens, I’ll fight for you and your families every single day, as hard as I know how.”
I can't help wondering, who would this great lady vote for?
It's up to us now. We get the Government we elect. Your vote has power, if you don't use it, you lose it.
|< Challenges to Romney's Electoral Vote Path | Mormon Women Explain Their Support for Obama >|