Sunday Afternoon Photos
Things are running very smooth today in Denver.
Jane of Firedoglake and I drove downtown, parked behind the Denver County courthouse and walked two blocks to the Sheraton where we picked up our DNCC press passes for Monday's convention events at the Pepsi Center. No lines, very speedy. Everyone has to pick up a new pass every morning. For security reasons, each day has a different pass.
Then we hopped on the 16th St. Shuttle Bus which dropped us off on the corner of the Big Tent and we picked up our passes there, also very speedy. Along the way I took a few photos:
- A Code Pink Parade
- A Denver Sheriff's bus that transports prisoners across the street from the courthouse (it was parked and empty)
- Some Denver police officers, not in riot gear like in Boston
- The Big Tent where the bloggers will hang when not at the Pepsi Center (or Invesco Field)
- The phone charger station at the Big Tent (go ahead, click, it's cool), where you can recharge whatever kind of cell phone you have
- A typical outside Denver smoker's station (There's no smoking indoors in Colorado.)
We were given multiple goody bags by the DNCC and the Big Tent. They are quite heavy and I'm about to go open them and see what's inside. More later...
|< Clinton Response To McCain "Passed Over" Ad | Sunday Afternoon Open Thread >|