home

Speaking Out Against the Patriot Act

by TChris

Who thinks the Patriot Act should be reformed (if not jettisoned)? Just today:

  • Beth Wilson, executive director of the ACLU of Kentucky, writing in the Kentucky Post.

And yesterday --

< Say Hello | Upsetting Ms. Malkin: Why Death Row Inmates Should Have Blogs >
  • The Online Magazine with Liberal coverage of crime-related political and injustice news

  • Contribute To TalkLeft


  • Display: Sort:
    Re: Speaking Out Against the Patriot Act (none / 0) (#1)
    by Talkleft Visitor on Fri Apr 08, 2005 at 07:00:19 PM EST
    Get the non Patriot act off the back of the people of this nation. its only going to be used against you and not the bin laden guys. in other words don't ask for Tyranny.

    Re: Speaking Out Against the Patriot Act (none / 0) (#2)
    by Talkleft Visitor on Sat Apr 09, 2005 at 10:08:17 AM EST
    Beth Wilson, executive director of the ACLU of Kentucky, doesn't want the Patriot Act? No way! 90% of it (minimum) is here to stay people. You want to know why? Because you lost the election, and we won.

    Re: Speaking Out Against the Patriot Act (none / 0) (#3)
    by ron on Sat Apr 09, 2005 at 03:11:12 PM EST
    That 90% would remain regardless of party control because most provisions have overwhelming bipartisan support. And the other 10% (as it is currently written) is opposed by members of both parties. Chairman Specter was skeptical of much of Gonzalez' testimony.

    Re: Speaking Out Against the Patriot Act (none / 0) (#4)
    by kdog on Sun Apr 10, 2005 at 10:10:24 AM EST
    MB...you remind me of Henny Youngman. "Take my freedom....please!" Except you're not joking.