Owen and Rogers Brown: From the Archives
Criticism of Priscilla Owen and Janice Rogers Brown is not new, at least not on TalkLeft. From our archives, and worth re-reading:
- 9/4/02...Priscilla Owen: The Wrong Judge
- 6/14/03...Janice Rogers Brown for Supreme Court?
- 8/28/03...Report on Janice Rogers Brown
- 10/14/03: Next Judicial Battle: Janice Rogers Brown
Externally, these are good picks:
- 10/22/03...Sen. Patrick Leahy's Statment on Janice Rogers Brown
- 10/21/03...Alliance for Justice Opposes Janice Rogers Brown.
- 4/21/05...PFAW: Priscilla Owen: Remaking the Law for the Radical Right(pdf)
- 5/12/05...Salon...Priscilla Owen and Willie Searcy
These judges are appointed for life. The D.C. Circuit, for which Janice Rogers Brown is a nominee, is considered a direct line for a seat on the U.S. Supreme Court. If you care about preserving the integrity and independence of the judiciary during your children's lifetimes, get on the phone now and let your Senators know you oppose any compromise on these nominations. You can reach them all at 202-224-3121. Direct line numbers are here.
|< Mr. Galloway Goes to Washington | Prison Coffin Maker Sees Increase in Work >|