Should Russ Feingold Run for President?
Russ Feingold is considering a run for President in 2008. He says he might if there's enough support. How's his record? Close to perfect--his one error was voting to confirm Ashcroft, but that pales in comparision to these positions:
- Voted against Homeland Security Bill
- Consistently introduces Anti-Death Penalty Legislation
- Introduced a bill to Stop TIA (Total Information Awareness)
- Called on Ashcroft to explain the process by which he decides to seek the death penalty
- Joined in bill to repeal Feeney Amendment
- Opposed Diane Feinstein and John Kyl's Victims Rights Amendment
- Criticized the Government's "abuse of power" in treatment of detainees in June, 2003
- Was the sole senator to vote against the Patriot Act.
- Joined sponsoring bill in opposition to Feinstein's fear-mongering anti-gang legislation
Feel free to leave your support here. I'll be part of a conference call with Sen. Feingold next week, and I'm sure his staff will see and relay your support.
|< New York Judge Rules in Favor of Gay Marriage | Simon Rosenberg Drops From DNC Chair Race >|